My half-month update is a bit delayed. I went back to my home country and had bought a new phone (secondhand, to get that sweet discount), which meant I had to reinstall my apps. However, it logged me out of my bank and it took me a couple of days to get back in, but it seems like things are sorted out just fine now.
The rest of June is going to be quite low-spend, as I am mercilessly living off my parents’ food. I have really missed some of the local dishes, so I am having a great time planning meals. I am also helping out with cooking and chores to give my parents some relief, so I figure that I do earn my keep just a little bit. While I miss my partner and friends, it was much needed to see my family again after so long (but I have also booked a ticket back home already).
What has gone well in my finances?
- I haven’t spent a lot so far, not even before I left.
- I have added extra funds into my Brussels fund, which is awesome. Especially now that I have my internship.
- I may get some extra money due to some financial packages from the government.
- I have worked quite a lot of extra hours.
- I only ordered takeout once and don’t plan to do it for the rest of the month.
What has not gone so well in my finances?
- I took advantage of some summer sales and secondhand scoops. It was by no means needed, but my spending has still decreased by a lot overall so I try not to be too hard on myself.
- Flights get cancelled a lot these times so I had to spend more money on flights than I anticipated.
- I am still reading, but not as much as I’d like.
I hope to amp up some more reading and workout during the next couple of weeks, but I still have some courses to finish on Coursera plus freelance work. I am quite optimistic about the project though!